FTV ME "programmed in version" help??

Yeah the 64/32 bit thing is definitely not reliable. It's something I tossed in last minute and clearly needs another approach. The main goal was to identify the targeted version which seems to work well. I'm going to see what I can do about the 64 bit thing when I get time. Glad you've found it useful.

I think the key to which architecture the project was created on lies in the PRODUCT_VERSION_INFORMATION. I looked at that file once before but I don't think I had any 64bit examples at the time. I'll post an update when I get a few...

Well there is something that can be done with the VERSION_INFORMATION file but it's quite the procedure. I'm trying to figure out a way to write software to automate the process but here's basically how it works:

Unzip a MER with 7zip.
Open a the VERSION_INFORMATION file with Notepad++
Use it's converter plugin to convert the text from ASCII -> HEX
This will reveal the following:

030720 = V7
03060A = V6.10
030620 = V6.0
0305 = V5.10
030520 = V5.0
030420 = V4

Didn't try < v4 but I'm sure that there's a pattern here...

If I can figure it out, my hope is to make a small executable that you can just point at a MER and have it do the above work for you to report the version. Or maybe there's an easier way, we'll see...

= v8 ???
030920 = v9 ???
030A20 = v10