Mitsubishi Ethernet Socket Com

Asaddoris

Good day everyone,
I am needing some examples of how to open the socket communication with the Mitsubishi PLC.
I am using a Q series processor and I need to send some information via Ethernet to another device.
The manuals are not very clear on how this is done.
I have defined my settings in the Built In Ethernet Port Options window as:
TCP/Socket Communication/Active
Now this is where I get a little lost, I have another PLC with Ethernet coms and the Host station Port is set at 9101/Destination Port is 9100 and then the IP address obviously is straight forward.
So first off what determines and why the port numbers.

So now with those settings done, my other PLC that has the socket coms via Ethernet uses a POU that is structured text and I would rather use ladder/FB.

So I would assume I need to use the SP_SOCOPEN instruction, and then also the receive and close instructions as well.

Does anyone have a good example of how to write this in logic? I think I can use I/O instead of Ethernet for this project, but if not, or later on I might not have that option, so I would like to know how the socket coms work and what ladder logic looks like with these instructions.

If anyone has any knowledge concerning this it would be greatly appreciated!

Hello Asaddoris

You may want to take a look at Mitsubishi's fixed buffer communication FB's.

Basically- you just need to import the .SUL Library into your project and use whichever example suits your needs best. There are examples pre-made for up to 3 PLCs in GX IEC Developer. If you cannot open these; I can convert them to the software package of your choice.

See PM for further information.

Regards

Daniel

Thanks so much for the reply

No problem. Best of luck.....and come back to us if you get stuck.

NOTE: Forgot to say....it is not recommended to use the UDE Built-In Ethernet Ports- if you are using Q Series; You need to use the QH71-E71 100 Card.

Regards

Daniel

Last edited:
Yes I will, this seems to be one of the only places online with some Mitsubishi resources, so it has been a blessing to find this forum.

I think I have found my issue, I am going to do some more coding and test it again, hopefully I get good results.

Thanks for the help, and of course, if anyone has a sample structured ladder project that has SP_SOCOPEN code already written for an example this would be great, but of course I know all programs and applications are not the same.

NOTE: Forgot to say....it is not recommended to use the UDE Built-In Ethernet Ports- if you are using Q Series; You need to use the QH71-E71 100 Card.

Hi Daniel,

Why isn’t it a good idea to use the built in port?

I’m interested as we use a lot of these, but never run the comms through them, always use a separate card...

Andy

Hi Daniel,

I’m interested as we use a lot of these, but never run the comms through them, always use a separate card...

Andy

Andy,
I think that I might have found a solution, I am currently working on it and if it all works, I will post some screen shots and some more information on this thread for everyone. Might help someone else out in the long run. I will keep you all posted.

Quick question regarding the PLC parameters.
I know what the destination port is but how do I know and/or determine the host port number, I would assume this would be the PLC? In my other machines that have similar settings the host port is 2000, what determines this?

I hope i'll not violate some rules of forum, but when it comes to mitsu resources Forums.MrPLC have tons of topic answered and some folks willing to help almost any time of day.

Hi Daniel,

Andy

There are lots of reports that the built-in ethernet port is not able to transmit large packets of data PLC ---> PLC, if your sending a few WORDs it might be OK but the general concensus is that the dedicated ethernet card should be used.

Regards

Daniel

There are lots of reports that the built-in ethernet port is not able to transmit large packets of data PLC ---> PLC, if your sending a few WORDs it might be OK but the general concensus is that the dedicated ethernet card should be used.

Regards

Daniel

Thanks for the info - much appreciated. I’ll keep an eye out for that issue

Andy