Wonderware Intouch 10.0 - Mouse cursor and popup window! How to do?

Missy5

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to do an object that when you go cross over with mouse cursor a popup window appears?

Similar if you have one button and when you click on it the popup window opens.

Thanks, M.

Under each button or object, you can use the tooltip function to popup a bubble with a custom message. If you need more complicated controls for popup windows and controls, use the variables $ObjHor and $ObjVer in a condition script to detect if the cursor is at a particular location.

make an object "under" what you wanna mouseover. I'm pretty sure there is a "on Mouseover" condition type for the Action tab to open a window/popup.

Show "popup";

for the heck of it.. I made a mouse over object..

then put a mouseover object with a longer time on the popup to

Hide "popup";

OR

made a tag to hold a value

on mouseover object
popup_var = 1

Then wrote a script condition

popup_var == 1

on true
show "popup";

While true (800ms)
Hide "popup";
popup_var = 0;

This makes the popup come up for a set period.. 800ms evertime you mouseover

:)

Last edited:
I have a somewhat similar question about a mouse over script. I would like to just show the tag name of the device that the mouse cursor moves over such as an actuator tag name. I'm not too familiar with scripting so I'm looking for a little help.

I have a somewhat similar question about a mouse over script. I would like to just show the tag name of the device that the mouse cursor moves over such as an actuator tag name. I'm not too familiar with scripting so I'm looking for a little help.

The same as what davew mentioned use the tooltip function but you could just use the static text option.

Use Tooltip animation, with an expression using the .Name dotfield of the tag. This will give you the actual tag name in the PLC.