Add 30 days to time/date stamp

hackj0632

Im using studio 5000 for a project and have a string that contains the date. I was wondering if someone as figued out how to get a new target date with veriable input of a future date offset.

Exmple 8/17/15 want to determine the date 30 days from now, so enter 30 days in and get 9/16/15.

I was thinking of dividing by seven and geting the week offset and adding the days after that. also would have to account for year rollover and month rollover.

Not sure of the best way to approach this problem.

Thank you!

There is a set of Add-On Instructions on the RA Sample Code website that might suit your needs if you can get the Date/Time into a set of DINT's that represent the elements of the WallClock; Year, Month, Day, Hour, Minute, Second, microsecond.

The AOI called "T_ADD" allows you to add one DateTime to another DateTime and get a resultant DateTime.

Your second DateTime would be all zeroes except a 30 in the Day field, I think.

I don't have a CPU handy to test this, but have a look and see if it does what you want. On the RA Sample Code website, use the keywords "Time and Date" to search for this pack of AOIs.