2016 xmas puzzle (2)

L D[AR2P#0.0]

Lifetime Supporting Member
After the warm up puzzle, here's another to keep the grey matter busy. As is the tradition, a flashing output is involved!

Answers by pm please.

Code:
[I]A plc program flashes one of the [/I]
[I]following Qbyte.bit addresses:[/I]
 [I]Q5.1[/I]
 [I]Q5.2[/I]
 [I]Q5.5[/I]
 [I]Q6.3[/I]
 [I]Q6.4[/I]
 [I]Q7.0[/I]
 [I]Q7.2[/I]
 [I]Q8.0[/I]
 [I]Q8.1[/I]
 [I]Q8.3[/I]

[I]I tell the owner of a Cafe the byte address[/I]
[I] and the owner of a  beef processing plant[/I]
[I] the bit address. 
[/I][I]I ask them to tell me which Q  output flashes.[/I]

[I]The owner of the Cafe states that he does[/I]
[I] not know and that the owner of the [/I]
[I]beef processing plant also does not know.
  [/I]
[I]The owner of the beef processing plant[/I]
[I] states that at first he did not know,[/I]
[I] but know he knows.[/I]

[I]The owner of the Cafe states that he now knows[/I][I].[/I]

[I]Which Q output flashes?[/I]

thanks for making feel stupid.
jk
this is a good one.
in my defense I had a mini stroke last weekend.
bit guy doesn't know
word guy doesn't know
now they both know.

Solution (using Steve Baileys wording)

Based on the first statement from the café owner:
Café owner can't know the correct bit no matter which byte is correct because each byte has multiple bits as possibilities. However beef plant owner would know the correct byte if he had bits 4 or 5 since bit 4 is only used with byte 6 and bit 5 is only used with byte 5. Therefore bits 4 and 5 aren't correct. Neither are bytes 5 and 6 correct because if either were correct, the café owner would not have been able to say that the beef plant owner couldn't know for sure.

The beef plant owner can now state that he knows the correct byte/bit combination. That means the correct bit can't be 0 since that bit used with both of the remaining bytes.

Since the café owner can now say that he knows the correct combination, it must be byte 7, bit 2 since byte 8 has two possible bits remaining.

I had been thinking along those lines but obviously wasn't as sharp as Steve since I came out with another answer. Never mind, I enjoyed it anyway. Thanks for sharing 🍻