Crimson 3.0 SetNetConfig

YujinT

I'm trying to write a program that ties in with the GUI to allow users to change the network configuration of the Red Lion device on site.

The problem I'm having is that for some reason, Crimson 3.0 doesn't recognise the function SetNetConfig(port, addr, mask, gate) even though it is listed in the reference manual.

I know SetNetConfig works in Crimson 2.0, but we're migrating all our databases to Crimson 3.0 so I'd like to get it working in Crimson 3.0 as well.

Sorry for the confusion with the manual but SetNetConfig is not a valid command in C3. It is no longer required because now you can simply drop a tag into the IP address box and set the format of the tag for IP address.

Thanks
Jeremy

Thanks for the reply. sorry for replying so late.

Do I need still need to do a CommitAndReset() after the user has changed the network IP/Gateway/Mask?
If I do a GetNetIP(0) before the CommitAndReset(), will I get the old IP or new IP?

Also, if the tags' storage is set to Non-Retentive, does that mean that every time the unit it reset the network settings will be lost?

If the network IP/Gateway/Mask are set to tags, will I have to re-set those tag values every time I send a database/program update via TCP/IP?

Last edited:
Yes you will need to do a CommitandReset() for the change to occur. The tag needs to be set to retentive for this to be useful.

Thanks
Jeremy