OT - file undelete utility needed

Norton utilities is worthless, absolutely worthless !!

I installed Norton anti-virus as a free 30 day trial before buying it. Then I had to reboot my computer. As soon as it booted a couple minutes later up I got a popup that my 30 day trial was over -Norton changed my system clock ahead 30 days!

Setting back my clock to the correct month & day caused my database program to halt, saying the clock was changed back (& Norton still said the 30 days was over). Nothing I or Tech Support tried would get it to run. Ended up having to uninstall it, reinstall it & go online to have it reactivated. Oh - then I uninstalled Norton & have never looked at one of their downloads or packages in a store since.

I think i'd rather have a virus on my computer than have Norton Anti-Virus. At least the virus is honest about it's intention to cripple your computer.

I think i'd rather have a virus on my computer than have Norton Anti-Virus. At least the virus is honest about it's intention to cripple your computer.
+1

"Corporate" forcibly deployed Symantec/Norton AV to ALL machines. Pretty much shut down production, since the computers locked up/crashed so often.

We finally got an exemption to NOT install it on the HMI PC's.
That actually worked out well, considering the trouble of reformatting, reinstalling Windows, then the HMI software and application, we were able just to purchase all new computers.

I know this thread is old, but I want to share my experience as it took me a long time to find a solution to a similar issue. When I deleted my files from the recycle bin, I thought they were gone forever, but thanks to the kind people on one forum, I was able to get my lost data back using Disk Drill (https://www.cleverfiles.com/free-data-recovery.html). This software helped me a lot, and it has to be noted that it is available for free. I hope this information will be useful for someone!