C-More Software???

jimtech67

I am Using C-More Software (Ver6.40)

Is it possible to change the (Tag Data Type) of tag in the tag editor?
That field is grayed out and un-clickable.

Am i missing something ??

Thanks

Screenshot - 7_3_2018 , 4_40_18 PM.jpg

Just guessing, but it looks like your device type is an Allen Bradley PLC based on the bottom section of that dialog box. Since you are using a memory type "N", the software may not let you pick other data types than the normal default signed integer.

Once a data type is defined for a tag I don't think you can change it. I believe you will need to delete the original tag and add it again with the data type you want.

Keith

It has been a few years since I last worked on a C-More, but my recollection is that you can't change the data type of a tag that is used on any page. If you know where the tag is used you can change each usage to a different tag, then modify the original tag, then change each usage back to the original tag. Quite often it's just as easy to create a new tag as kamenges suggested, but if the tag name is particularly meaningful or specified by an end user naming convention you may want to keep the original name.

Even for the AB you can change the data type as long as the tag is not in use in the project. If used, you have to change the tag in every place it is used to something else, then you can change your original. And then change them back. Fun stuff.

Not sure if this will work in C-More, but I use this in other HMIs:

1) Rename the tag. Ex. add _Org
2) Duplicate the tag, or Copy/Paste the tag.
3) If the new tag is in edit mode, then you may be able to change the tag type then. Also change the tag to its original name.