Switching Tags in FactoryTalk View ME

agrajag42

I built my system with Logix Designer, FactoryTalk View ME, and Emulate 5000. I created two projects -- one to work with the actual hardware, and another to work with the emulator, thinking I'd pull code from the emulator project into the "real" project at the end.

I'm now realizing, as I want to switch over to actual hardware, that all my tags in FactoryTalk View reference the emulator project name:
{[PLC_project_emulator]sample_switch}​
instead of
{[PLC_project]sample_switch}​

Oops.

There's a *lot* of those links, many of which are in animations (visibility and color). Is there an easier way to change them over than the manual process I'm fearing?

Thanks,
/e

Select All -> Find/Replace

Export your tags to .CSV file, again Find/Replace, re-import them.

Ha! I didn't even bother to check find/replace, as I figured it wouldn't hit the animation stuff... but a quick test (which I should have done first) confirms that it does!

Thanks!
/e