Change rotation direction of output in PLC

mhdganji

Hi,
A very simple PLC scenario I've made using Fatek PLC and Winproladder software.
It reads temperature from a DTC1000 and if above 40 deg, starts a fan. Is there anyway to change the rotation of the fan without physically change the wirings ?

Are you controlling the fan with a VFD or a contactor?

If you are controlling the fan with a contactor you would need to replace the contactor with a reversing contactor.

Are you controlling the fan with a VFD or a contactor?

If you are controlling the fan with a contactor you would need to replace the contactor with a reversing contactor.

It's just a very simple fan which is connected to one of thr coils (outputs) of PLC and also gets its 24v needed power from the PLC.
Changes in temperature of a DTC1000 causes the PLC to decide start or stop the fan.
I also have a micro switch which I can use as input. When closed the PLC commands the fan to rotate.

In a permanent magnet DC motor direction of rotation is determined by the polarity of the applied voltage. To reverse direction you need to reverse the polarity.
You will need two PLC outputs, one output for forward, one for reverse. Wire each output to a relay with two NO contacts. Wire DC+ and DC- to one side of each contact and the other side of the contacts to the motor, being careful that each relay connects DC+ and DC- to the opposite motor wires. In your program make sure that you can never energize both outputs simultaneously.
Of course if the fan is simply turning in the wrong direction, all you have to do is swap the wires.

In a permanent magnet DC motor direction of rotation is determined by the polarity of the applied voltage. To reverse direction you need to reverse the polarity.
You will need two PLC outputs, one output for forward, one for reverse. Wire each output to a relay with two NO contacts. Wire DC+ and DC- to one side of each contact and the other side of the contacts to the motor, being careful that each relay connects DC+ and DC- to the opposite motor wires. In your program make sure that you can never energize both outputs simultaneously.
Of course if the fan is simply turning in the wrong direction, all you have to do is swap the wires.

Thank you so much. Got my answer

What type of motor is this? single phase, three phase or anything else?

A very single DC motor fan. As a matter of fact it's a university project. Easy for PLC guys but difficult for me that main area of study is computer networks 😀