Required the latest version features of RSView software

jayakumar

Hi,

i am new to RS.
I want to know the latest versions and the extra features of RSView 32,RSView SE and RSLinx enterprise with their pre versions.

we are upgrading
RSView 32 7.0 to 7.2
RSView SE 3.2 to 4.0
RSLinx Enterprise 3.0 to 4.0

i have searched in the rockwell site for the features of the latest versions of RSLinx Enterprise but was not able to find.

please provide the info fast.
Thanks in advance

Performance and Visibility

RSView

What's New

RSView Supervisory Edition Version 4.00

• RSAssetSecurity authenticates user identities and authorizes user requests to access a FactoryTalk-enabled system. These security services are fully integrated into the FactoryTalk Directory and are included as part of the FactoryTalk Automation Platform. RSAssetSecurity includes user authentication that determines who can open, create, modify, and delete application components, and on which computers the actions are allowed. You also use RSAssetSecurity to add user and group security accounts as well as Windows-linked accounts, and set up security for common actions such as tag writes, open, and delete.
  • Runtime language switching provides the ability to set up multiple languages for an application and switch application languages dynamically at runtime. Users specify an initial language for the application to be displayed in on the client when it starts up, which can be changed while the application is running on the client, using the Language command.
  • Global graphic objects allow you to link the appearance and behavior of a graphic object in a global object display to multiple copies of that object in other displays in the same application. When you make changes to the original (base) object, the copies (reference objects) are changed as well. Process faceplates that use global objects are included in this release.
  • RSLogix5000 process faceplates. RSView SE now includes global object-based process faceplate displays for Logix5000 instructions that are commonly used in process applications. These faceplates can easily be added and configured for user applications, reducing development effort.
RSView Machine Edition Version 4.00

• Runtime language switching provides the ability to set up multiple languages for an application and switch application languages dynamically at runtime.
  • RecipePlus allows you to configure multiple recipe files and easily transfer a set of data values to and from your automation equipment in a single operation.
  • Multiple version support allows you to create runtime applications (mer files) for use with previous RSView ME runtime versions. You can save applications as 4.0, 3.2, 3.1 or 3.0 versions. You can easily maintain an installed base of older runtime versions using the latest RSView Studio editor and eliminate the time required to upgrade and re-qualify the runtime software.
  • Global graphic objects allow you to link the appearance and behavior of a graphic object in a global object display to multiple copies of that object in other displays in the same application. When you make changes to the original (base) object, the copies (reference objects) are changed as well. Process faceplates that use global objects are included in this release.
  • RSLogix5000 process faceplates. RSView ME now includes global object-based process faceplate displays for Logix5000 instructions that are commonly used in process applications. These faceplates can easily be added and configured for user applications, reducing development effort.
Marc

Oh I forgot about

Performance and Visibility

RSView32

What's New

• A 75 Tag "OEM Version" of RSView32 is now available for both Works and Runtime.
  • The Logix 5000 Tag Import Utility now supports all ControlLogix, FlexLogix, and CompactLogix modules. In addition, it provides support for User-Defined and Array data types, and support L5K files with up to 320 thousand tags.
  • The old floppy disk based activation has been replaced by the new FactoryTalk Activation system which is based on activation files generated by Rockwell Software and distributed over the Internet.
  • The Log Viewer ActiveX is installed as part of the core RSView32 Tools and the Log Viewer Help file can be viewed in Start > Programs > Rockwell Software > RSView32 Tools.
  • Graphics Import Export Wizard is available from the Project menu in RSView32. The wizard provides the ability to export and import all object properties of a graphic display to and from an external file in XML format.

Hi Mark,

i would like to have the information on latest version of RSLinx Enterprise.
i am not able to find it out
and RSView 32 also.
please provide the features also

thank you

Design & Configuration

RSLinx

What's New in RSLinx Enterprise

• Support for RSView Supervisory Edition (SE) Stand-alone and Distributed applications has been added. The RSLinx Enterprise online help has been updated significantly to address the RSView SE support available in RSLinx Enterprise.
  • Can support RSSql, RSBizWare Historian, and PlantMetrics applications.
  • Support for the PanelViewPlus Compact (400/600) platforms (communicating over DH+, Ethernet, Serial DF1, DH485 via Serial and Network connections, and Single-Rack Remote I/O — including file transfer) has been added. For more information, refer to the PanelViewPlus Compact documentation.
  • Support for the PanelViewPlus (700/1000/1250/1500) and VersaView CE (700/1000/1250/1500) platforms (communicating over Ethernet, Multiple-Rack Remote I/O, DF1 and DH+, DH485, and ControlNet — including file transfer) has been added. For more information, refer to the PanelViewPlus and VersaView CE documentation.
  • Support for the MobileView Machine Terminal and Guard Terminal platforms (communicating over Ethernet — including file transfer) has been added.
  • Support for communicating on DH+ through the DHRIO module to a ControlLogix controller has been added.
  • Enhanced support for multiple Ethernet/IP applications running on the same host computer has been added, allowing you to associate an RSLinx Enterprise Ethernet driver with a specific IP address (see the Advanced tab on the Ethernet driver configuration dialog).
  • Support for the 2711-RN15S ControlNet communications adapter has been added to the PanelViewPlus (700/1000/1250/1500) and VersaView CE (700/1000/1250/1500) products.
  • Support for accessing a MicroLogix controller via the NetENI module has been added.
  • Support for accessing a ControlLogix controller via Serial DH485 has been added.
  • Data provided by RSLinx Enterprise can be acquired through RSSql (when the RSLinx Enterprise server is administered in RSView Studio).
Marc

hi Marc,
can you tell me which is the latest version of RSLinx Enterprise
and latest version of RSView SE ,32.
or just tell me the versions i have specified as latest is the latest versions or is there any new versions for those softwares?

If you are upgrading SE/ME/Enterprise, make sure you go all the way to the "CPR7+" level. I don't know if the '+' patches come on the install disks, or must be downloaded from Rockwell.

rdrast said:
If you are upgrading SE/ME/Enterprise, make sure you go all the way to the "CPR7+" level. I don't know if the '+' patches come on the install disks, or must be downloaded from Rockwell.

It must be downloaded from Rockwell, there is a knowledgebase document with the latest patches and links:

Document

Validator

Hi,
Whether the previous versions were not supporting the distributed applications for RSView SE?

is there any particular feature that RSLinx ver 4.00 is providing than ver 3.00
just tell me what is the benafits of using ver 4.00 over 3.00 ?