Control Logix Gateway setup

jguidotti

Hi, I am for the first time setting up a Control Logix Gateway to allow me to communicate with a PLC5/40, and another Control Logix processor via a laptop (using Ethernet). My new hardware is as follows,
4 slot chassis
Power supply
DH+/RIO module
EtherNet IP module

I have read through some manuals and I am lead to believe that I need to download the Control Logix Gateway Configuration software 1756-GTWY, is that a requirement?

As I mentioned I am all read out, is there a simple method to configure this setup? Any assistance or detail would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks James

All of the functionality that was in the 1756-GTWY software in 1997 is now included in RSLinx Classic.

Right-click on the DHRIO or ENBT modules and select "Module Configuration".

If RSLinx Classic is your client there is very little configuration to be done; set the DH+ data rate and node number for the DHRIO and the IP address for the ENBT module, and the software will be able to navigate between them with the very simple RSWho graphical browser.

Using the Gateway to conduct MSG instructions requires more complex setup of DH+ internetworking. It sounds like you are not using this feature.

Thankyou for your support. Today I set aside a number of hours to tackle my issue and I finally resolved it. Below I will list my outcomes for future reference.

a) Yes correct, Gateway is now covered by RSLinx.
b) However you need correct version of RSLinx to support the DH+RIO module, depending on the module's revision!!!!

I am running windows 7 with RSLinx 2.54, the module is a 1756-DHRIO E model, it seems that 2.54 wouldn't allow me to configure the drivers where as on another PC I have RSLinx version 2.57 which allowed me to configure and setup the driver. Did a search on the AB knowledge base to try and find a tech note but nothing, rang the support number and they virually imformed me of what I already discovered, I need to be using RSLinx 2.57 but why no real answer.......

I ended up swapping the 1756-DHRIO revision E for a revision C and now my RS Linx 2.54 on my laptop works fine, I am able to setup the gateway and configure the driver.:p

Thanks again guys

James

I would have thought you could have just downloaded an EDS for the Revision E DHRIO, and installed it in RSLinx 2.54, but as long as it worked for you, that is the main thing.

Stu....