Extruder screen goes blank by itself

shaneprasad

Hi guys ...we have a PVC Extrusion machine and there is some problem with the screen. The screen blacks out by itself although the power is on. We have to switch off the machine and on again and sometimes we have to do it plenty tmes to get it wrkng again. What could be the cause of this. Thnks

Could be a faulty backlight or loose power wiring. Suggest you contact the machine manufacturer and get a replacement screen if the wiring checks out ok. Once you have the spare in and working, you can pull the old one apart and check the backlight (look for manual for the make/ model of screen)

I have seen some Hmi screens have 2(two) screen saver's, ( 1 is backlight will turn off after pre-determined time and the other is a "Black or Blank" screen will display after a pre-determined time) both can be programmed to act differently.

You can sometimes verify it's the backlight by using a flashlight and shine on the screen. If you can faintly see the graphics then it's a good chance you have a bad backlight.

Thnks guys...the screen went blank while the machine was running ...all the motors were still running but there was no display of parameters so we had to switch it off again...but it wouldnt turn on..there is 24vDC power available to the screen but still it doesnt switch on...is there a possibilty that the screen board is faulty or has this got something to do with software issues...