Which vsn of Lgx 5K to use for AB 1756 L55/A CPU,

Mikemator

Hi All.

I have RS lgx 5K vsn 19xx at my disposal.

I am trying to write a program for a 1756 L55/A Logix 5555 processor but I can not find this CPU listed in my version of the software.The closest CPU number is 1756 L61.

Can anybody advise me on what to do please.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
icon7.gif

that model processor can only be "flashed" (upgraded) as high as version 16 ...

you need to get a copy of version 16 RSLogix5000 software in order to proceed ...

Look at the sticker on the PLC for a version # of firmware, that will be the version of RSL5K you need for that PLC, anything from 10 to 23 & now they have Ver24 out.

If you have a license for RSLogix 5000 v19, that license will very probably also work to activation RSLogix 5000 v16, which can be loaded into that controller.

Getting the older software is trivial if you have a TechConnect support contract; log in and download, or ask them to mail you DVDs.

If your contract will allow it simply download all versions of 5000 from 13-19, and then you can open and modify any project made with those versions of RS5000. You can see all the versions on your PC when you open the software, the first window will indicate which versions you have active.