Studio5000 - DINT to STRING, STRING od DINT; Keyence CV-X via ETH/IP

pembuk

Dears,

Is there any simple way to convert single DINT variable to STRING contains single sign based on source DINT (Decimal representative of ASCII character)? I belive oposite conversion will looks the same?

Application I'am working on is about getting readed data from Keyence CV-X vision system via ethernet/ip.

Single sign read by camera can be shared with PLC by DINT variable contains dec reperesentative of ASCII character. MY PLC will need to compere this read sign with some reference and I need to have both (read and reference) as the same data type.

Could you please help me somehow?

Cheers,
P

Part of the instruction set in Studio

ASCII Conversion Instructions
Use the ASCII conversion instructions to convert data to or from strings of ASCII characters.

Available Instructions

Ladder Diagram

DTOS, STOD, RTOS, STOR

Function Block

Not available

Structured Text

DTOS, STOD, RTOS, STOR

If you want to convert:
Use this instruction:

ASCII representations of integer values to SINT, INT, DINT, or REAL values (e.g., converting from a weight scale or other ASCII device to an integer so you can use it in your logic).
STOD

ASCII representations of a floating-point value to a REAL value (e.g., converting a value from a weight scale or other ASCII device to a REAL value so you can use it in your logic).
STOR

SINT, INT, DINT, or REAL values to a string of ASCII characters (e.g., converting a variable to an ASCII string so you can send it to a MessageView™ terminal).
DTOS