No upload from panelview plus 600 compact

memberpeace

Hi,

I have 2711PC-T6C20D PV+600 compact touch screen view panel. Contractors programmed. It doesn't communicate with PLC. There are faults coming on the screen on power up but you cannot see as letters are too small to read.

I tried to upload as I do not have a backup file to see details in it. No success.

It is in the list in RsLinx classic with ethernet IP.

I have been using Factory Talk View verion 4.00.

In transfer utility it is in the list with question mark on it.

I cannot upload it. I need help as I am working at this kind for the first time.

Here is what I do Rockwell guys asked never to do...
I open the back of PV+ screen. There are 6 screws holding the silver/gold case. When you remove it, under middle board, there are 4 screws holding the IC board. Remove it that too.
When you remove those 4 screws, you will see there compact flash card.
Remove it and attach it to your PC to read. The file is the "backup" copy so you can restore it.
Now of course, after copy the backup file, put that compact flash back in. Screw all 10 screws back in and restart.
Since you have FT view, you can now in charge to fix it.
IF you have the problem itself, repost here. Sure there are plenty geeks are here to help on FT view programmings. (including me)

The best way to handle this is to get the Archive (*.APA) file from the contractor. It will contain the entire project and allow you to edit and troubleshoot.

The topic of uploading a project from a PV+ terminal is a little complex, because the degree of functionality changed during the evolution of the product. But we don't need to get into that yet.

The PanelView Plus 'Compact' versions are a reduced-capacity version of the PV+ that was first supported in FactoryTalk View Studio version 5.10. Your version 4.0 of RSView Studio ME cannot do anything with the runtime or archive files for this terminal.

FactoryTalk View Studio versions 5.0, 5.1, and 6.0 can create runtime applications for all earlier firmware PV+ terminals. I very strongly recommend upgrading to at least version 5.10.