RSLogix 500 - Find Remainder when Dividing Integers

sbaum

Working with a MicroLogix 1400 Ser B.
I have a Divide Instuction and need to know if the result is a whole number or has a remainder.
Currently the instruction just rounds the result.
I'm not so concerned if the result gets rounded but just need to know if there was a remainder at all.

Currently my values are Integers, but could use Floating Point if necessary.

This seems like it should be simple but I can't land on a method to do this with RSLogix500.

From the manual...

Use the DIV instruction to divide one value by another value (Source A/Source
B) and place the result in the Destination. If the Sources are single words and the
Destination is directly addressed to S:13 (math register), then the quotient is
stored in S:14 and the remainder is stored in S:13. If long words are used, then the
results are rounded

Floating point is a lot easier, IMHO.

Thanks guys.

I overlooked using S:13 as the Destination of the DIV instruction. Am too used to other platforms that just toggle a status bit.

Yes Mickey, this looks cumbersome for what I need to achieve. May convert to Float.

Take your floating point answer, subtract the whole number (integer) multiply back up by what you divided with.

ex. 6/5 = 1.2
1.2-1=.2
.2*5=1