Eaton XV-100 and Easy 800 - Communication error

klaufi

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with a system consisting of a Eaton XV-100 panel and a Easy 800PLC.

The first XV-100 broke down, and it was replaced by a second one with the same program.

However once the new XV-100 was installed i get no response and sometimes an error flashes:
<48> Communication disturbed: message 'arry' @ M1, SYSTEM PORT, Moeller EasyCom - Fatal

Could this be a baud rate issue?

If so, is it possible to change the baud rate on the display it self, as it is now installed in a remote location where i can only provide phone support.

Thanks,

What software did you use to create the XV-100 application? I don't think it matters as I believe all options have the baud rate selected in the application software ad not in the operating system.

If there is at least some communications going on (is there anything that works like a pushbutton or value?) then it is not a baud rate issue.

However, it sounds like nothing is working.

A side note is that when a system message like that pops up, you can touch it and it will stay there so you can read it and write it down. Otherwise, it usually disappears too quickly to read. Another thing I did before I learned the touch trick was to take a video with my phone and then I could pause the video to read the message.

Anyway, if you are using Galileo and if you have another XV-100 of the same type, you should be able to create an SD card that they could use to load a new application on the unit. I have attached the tech note. You would need to get the supporting files which they can send you if you email [email protected]

I'm not sure of the procedure if you are using Visual Designer or CoDeSys visualizations for your hmi?

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the answer.

The program was made in Galileo, not by me.
The one that was put into the new display should have been the same one, that was why i was wondering if it could be something small like the baud rate.

The HMI consists of push buttons and feedback "pilot lights" and non of them are responding.

To be clear i do not have any expirience with Galileo or the XV100 so i'm having a bit of a hard time understanding this.

The Easy project and the Galileo project appear to have the same baud rate though.

Any ideas?

Some of the XV screens have multiple DB9 ports on the back. Maybe the cable is plugged into the wrong one.

I can confirm that it is connected to the correct port.

P.s. If you are willing to have a look, i have both the Galileo and Easy project available.

Last edited:
Picture of the error:

jiBvtYQ.jpg

Anyone have an idea of a solution?

Update:
Finally have access to the system, Turns out that that there was a wrong marker address in the program.

However, now when i download the updated project the following happens:

If i choose restart GRS, the image is scaled down to about a quarter or less of the full resolution.

If i restart the HMI, it displays in full scale but the communication error returns as before, this also happens if i power cycle the HMI after uploading without rebooting.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Hi Guyes,
I have EATON XV440 Series HMI Communication With Siemens S7-300.Recently Some problem issue about Communication. Now show a Message on EATON XV Sereis HMI "Communication Distrub Message DW_02,DW_08,DW_164,DW_198,DW_100,DW_162,DW_50,DW_5 8, System Slot-0, Board?"
this Messege Showing..
1.i check and change cumminication cable & DB Port but i havn't good result.

plz help me.. ASAP ALL my Dear.

Hi Guyes,
I have EATON XV440 Series HMI Communication With Siemens S7-300.Recently Some problem issue about Communication. Now show a Message on EATON XV Sereis HMI "Communication Distrub Message DW_02,DW_08,DW_164,DW_198,DW_100,DW_162,DW_50,DW_5 8, System Slot-0, Board?"
this Messege Showing..
1.i check and change cumminication cable & DB Port but i havn't good result.

plz help me.. ASAP ALL my Dear.