BMXAMO0410 BMXAMI0810 Signaling/Wiring Issues. Any Suggestions?

EricLogix

Hello All,

I am helping a Water Treatment Plant troubleshoot signal issues with their Schneider Electric PLCs. They have an M580 PLC (PLC-A) sending a 0-10 VDC signal from a BMXAMO0410 analog output card (2-wire), which they have wired directly to a BMXAMI0810 analog input card (PLC-B). PLC-B has the common wire landed onto terminal(2) and the positive wire landed onto terminal(3) of the BMXAMI0810. This seems to be the correct way to wire to channel(0) on that card. The issue is that the card is not reading/scaling the voltage properly. (0-10V) is supposed to scale (0-10,000) based on User defined scaling. However, the card is scaling (0-10V) to (0-163). They replaced the cards with new and same issue. Multi-meter measuring 0-10 VDC on the wires at the PLC termination points. Anyone have any suggestions or seen something similar?

Is this a new installation or it was working?
Is the input card configured for 0_10V as input type and 0_10000 as the scaling format?
Did you try changing to the current signal (4_20mA or 0_20mA) both the input and output cards?

Are they using screw or push type terminals? I've seen wire ferrules on the push type not actually make contact.

As tarik said, check that channel is configured for 0-10V.

If they have two Schneider PLCs... why not just use IOScanning or messaging to exchange data rather than using expensive hard wired analog channels?