You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old November 25th, 2021, 02:25 PM   #1
JZerb
United States

MRP PF755 After A Power Cycle

I have some PF755s that I’m using CIP motion commands with. The loads that the PF755s are moving have their absolute position fed back into the CGLX 5380 via an EIP multi turn encoder and the motors have SSI absolute encoders mounted on them which are fed directly into the PF755s. If I establish a “Home” position. Then move the axis after an MAG with say an MAM to an absolute position of 40. Then I do an MRP and say that the axes are actually at 30. Then the machine is power cycled for some reason or another, when everything comes back up will the .ActualPosition tags on the motion axes read 30 or will it revert back to 40 because that’s how far away it was from “home” before the MRP.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum