You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old November 25th, 2021, 07:35 AM   #1
emaddocks
Australia

CIP Comms: Bristol CWu RTU to AB ControlLogix PLC

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a ControlWave Micro (CWu) to read tags from an Allen Bradley ControlLogix PLC (L-61 CPU) using CIP comms.

The CWu needs to be the master and the AB PLC can not be touched as it is a vendor PLC which I am not allowed to modify.

I'm able to read the Services and Identity data of the EN2TR module but I'm unable to read Class, Instance and Attributes from the CPU as I'm not sure how / if the CWu can formulate a CIP message with the required data in it to make that possible. Also I'd prefer to use tag names but it doesn't look like the CWu CUSTOM block supports this.

Has anyone out there ever done such a thing?

I know how to setup an AB PLC to write to a CWu RTU using CIP comms using the AB MSG block and CWus CUSTOM block but in this cause I don't have the luxury of being able to edit the AB PLC.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers
Eric
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum