Terminal Blocks

jgreenewv

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey, all you panel builders out there. Has anyone used terminal blocks from Automation Systems Interconnect (ASI) before? I've been using A-D blocks, and am completely happy with them, but ASI sent me a few samples. They appear to be fairly good blocks, and the price on most stuff is a little cheaper. Any comments?

Joe

Joe,

We dealt with them for phoenix style blocks...not the panel mount. The product is good, but they don't manufacturer it. Depending on what you order, you may run into delivery issues. Once set up on account, their terms are net 15.

Have never dealt with AD, so I really can't offer a comparison.

Hope this helps.

God Bless,

Stephen,
How was their delivery typically? We usually stock some standard sizes, so that shouldn't really be an issue, unless it runs to weeks or months. Thanks.

Joe

Joe,

It depends.

The manufacturer of the terminal blocks we used were manufactured in Italy. We ran into some problems during the summer because they didn't carry sufficient stock when we had upticks in demand. During the summer the manufacturer would be shut down for a month, so we had to scramble at times.

It will depend on who the manufacturer is, how popular the part is and how much they actually stock.

Sorry I couldn't provide any better information.

God Bless,