Communicate Serial A.B. PLC5/30 to Panelmate Pro 5000

billt1957

I am attempting to communicate from a Eaton Panelmate Pro 5000 to an Allen Bradley PLC 5/30 processor on the DF1 serial port. This is a 9 pin to 25 pin serial cable that is available from Eaton, but at 40 foot long is not a stock item. I need to build my own cable, but have had no luck getting the pin outs required. Any help would be appreciated.

My PanelMate driver manual shows the RS422 cable between the PanelMate and Channel 0 as:

PanelMate DB9-Male Channel 0
1 ------------------------- 16
6 ------------------------- 3
4 ------------------------- 14
9 ------------------------- 2

The 1 - 16 and 6 - 3 wires should be one twisted pair.
The 4 - 14 and 9 - 2 wires should be another twisted pair.

Similar Topics

Hello Ron, I am working with that program with slight change but I am facing a problem with reception of data. The data is coming continuously...
Replies
Views
We have an HMI that when an application is loaded the HMI it asks if you want to change the terminal configuration settings to match the...
Replies
Views
I have a critical ML1100 that faulted spontaneously can I can't communicate with it at all. It was configured with Ethernet comms, but they're no...
Replies
Views
We are trying to poll data coming from a PLC for remote monitoring we have the IP address of the PLC and the default port number and the path is...
Replies
Views
We have some very old technology in my plant that needs adjusted but I don’t have the equipment. Can anyone tell me what I need to program this IO...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom