RSLogix 5000 copying to a CAM array..

HDeno

Hi Everyone,

I am using a Controllogix with Kinetix 6k to do some caming profiles over time (MATC instruction)..

I want to use an HMI to be able to program the cam, which will have 100 points. Then by using a 'Load' pushbutton on the HMI I would run a MCCP instruction to compute the CAM for the MATC instruction.

My question is this. The 100 points are stored into a CAM tag, let's call it Selected_CAM. Since I am using 100 master points, this tag is an array CAM[100].. Each of the 'units' (for xx equals 0 to 99) in this array have three sub-elements:

Selected_CAM[xx].Master
Selected_CAM[xx].Slave
Selected_CAM[xx].SegmentType

Since it is a time based cam, the Master values qare always the same starting at 0 for the first 'unit' and going up to 99 for the last one. The .slave values are what I am interested in, as these will be different from cam to cam.

I want to be able to visualize these points on the HMI, and to do so, it would be easier if I could copy all the .slave values to a DINT[100] array.. Also, if I change the values on the HMI, I could save them to different DINT[100] arrays to act as kind of cam recipes.. I would then do the opposite copy and copy back from the DIN[100] array to the .slave values in the CAM[100] tag..

Is there a way, with the copy instruction or any other instruction to do this?..

Thanks a lot!!

Hugues

Unfortunaetly, there are no built in functions to accomplish this but it would be easy enough to create an structured text AOI to cycle through a REAL array and move the values into a CAM_ARRAY.slave. A two dimensional array of reals would work well for this as well if you had multiple profiles you wanted to store. (ie A Real[5, 99] would give you 5 arrays of 99 slave values).

You could also use the recipe editor on the HMI (assuming FactoryTalk ME) to edit you slave array.

look at FAL I think that you can us it into UDT arrays
Otherwise the AOI using structured text will definitely work

Last edited: