More than one safety password (S7-Safety)

userxyz

Hi all,

I was monitoring in an S7 safety program that I received from a contractor. When I wanted to change the safety mode I needed to fill in the safety password. Our standard safety password worked for this.
I had to make a change in de safety program, after changing and downloading I needed to give a password again, this password was a different one ??? In the help something about SFC109 was mentioned. We called the contractor and he gave us his password, with this one it worked ???

Are there more than one password for the safety program ?

I've red something about an online and offline password, but is this the thing I experienced here ?

Thanks,
kind regards,
G

I have used a generated GSD for a safety PLC (I-Device).
I've used a password for the GSD (hardware side of it) and a different password in order to access and change/modify the safety program (software side).