Communication between paneview and micrologix through ethernet issue

ALT

I have a micrlogix controller for which the panelview plus 1000 has to communicate with the ethernet.So the problem is my panelview is 30 meters to the controller in the mobile machine(Loader)trhough ethernet cable and sometimes the communication is breaking to the panelview and creating problems.Ethernet cable is linked with ethernet swicth if i test the ping from the place of controller directly connected to switch plc communication is ok but the panelview is giving breaks ,i have changed the cable and checked but problem is same.If break is occured at the operation of the machine it will create the stoppage of machine.Please anybody suggest the ethernet cable fixing so that it will not give any breaks the cable is cat 6 .

Need more information...

It would help if you list the model number of the Micrologix and model number of Panelview. What type of ethernet switch?

The Micrologix is on a mobile machine and the Panelview is 30 meters away on solid ground? Are you using wireless ethernet anywhere in the link?

The micrologix 1100 model no is 1763 series B and Panelview cat no:2711P-RDT10C B.The micrologix and panelview are linked with the ethernet cable in the machine(Loader)with 30 meters distance.I have changed the cable 2-3 times and connected the RJ-45 jacks properly in the panelview side but in the ping test i am getting 'Request time out' sometimes.The switch i have used is Iddustrial version Moxa which i have used earlier without any issues .
I have checked everything erathing and ethernet cable is layed away from the power cable but still problem is same due to that i am not able use the panelview for this application.Please any body can suggest any other reasons which will effect the ethernet communication .
I am struck at the site for this samll issue please anybody help.

What are the IP addresses of the ML1100, PV+ and your laptop?
Also, are you going through a Ethernet switch?

IP addresses of the ML1100 is 172.20.15.154 ,PV is 172.20.15.153 and laptop is 172.20.15.160 with all having subnets of 255.255.248.0 and all are connected to the unmanaged Moxa Switch(Indsutrial).My issue with this panelview is it gets connected with ethernet and able to ping but it gives communication breaks sometimes.In a day approximatetly it gives 100 'request time out' in ping .

Still i am having the same problem, i am suspecting that power supply of 24 dc which is the source of the panelview is near the panleview ethernet port,will it effect the communication.Other things i have observed is ethernet cable is near dc drive at one point will it effect the communication.Please anybody suggest me to overcome this issue.

I wouldn't think a 24VDC power supply next to the comms cable would be a problem but a cable next to the line or load side of the drive might be. Did you move the cable away from the drive?

I will check out thw drive line and load but can any other parameter will effect the ethernet communication, as i have chnaged the ethernet cable thrice but the problem is same some communication breaks are occuring.

You seem to have a fairly simple network and I understand that it seems to work ok for a while. I see you have set the system up with the 1100 and the PV talking directly to each other and still have problems. I dont think I have ever had issues with the ethernet connection on a system so straight forward. I also cant think of anything that would be in the configuration that could cause sporadic communications. All that would lead me to believe that noise is the issue here. I see that you are going to route the cable away from the dc drive which could be a big noise source. You might just try powering the drive down and see if the problem goes away. Another easy test may be to temporarily lay an ethernet cable outside the panels/conduit etc like a drop cord and see if the problem goes away. That may or may not be possible. Another simple test would be to pull out the PV and bring it over the the 1100 panel. Connect it locally with a short ethernet crossover cable and see if the problem goes away. If not then maybe you have a hardware issue. Did you have the comms working between the 1100 and the PV before they were installed in the enclosures? Its always good to do a quick setup and check out all the comms if you can beforehand.

Other things to check/try with the system as installed: If you have shielded ethernet cable, make sure you have not connected the shield to ground at both ends - that will cause current loops and issues. If you are not using shielded ethernet then it may be worth a try. You may be receiving noise via your power source on either end. If you power to the PLC and/or PV is not filtered in any way, you may want to try putting a filter in the line. Thats a few things to try. Let us know what the cause was when you find it.

I have checked out the panelview communication removing from the field and kept in control room and found absolutely fine.Panel view is healthy in terms of communication, only thing is the field noise disturbing the communication. i need clarity on "ethernet cable not connected to the shield to ground at both ends" please elaborate this shileding issue i am not getting it.

If you are using Shielded Twisted Pair (STP) cable for your Ethernet connection, the shield should only be connected to ground on one side only.

You need to carefully examine the metal-sided RJ45 connector, if one is used, and the jack it connects to for a "ground clip" and measure for continuity, and examine the device ground (PanelView or Ethernet switch) to be sure it is securely bonded to a good signal ground.

I am using Unshielded Twisted Pair(UTP) cable here,there is no shield.How can we measure a good signal ground .