Compactlogix 5069-l310er

JEANST

Hello all
I have to activate the A2 port on a CompactLogix 5069-L310ER v32 in order to use it for grabbing datas. This port is currently uncheck in StudioLogix 32. This CPU is currently running and it's difficult to stop it because it manages an energy plant (cold production). My question is, is somebody knows a procedure or have the experience to activate the A2 port preferably without stopping the CPU, either via RsLinx or via StudioLogix.

Prima non nocere as the doctors says :)

Compactlogix_Config_Ports.PNG

I think if you try to activate this port, not from RSLogix Studio, but from RSLinx the PLC application would not be affected. But I would recommend that you wait for the opinion of the experts in the USA for confirmation.

Last edited:
Hello
Thanks to have taken time to reply :)
I spoke today with a Guy from the support in France and he also
think that it should work by doing it from RsLinx. But he was not absolutely sure about it and he advise me to perform a test to validate this point unfortunately i have no hardware to test at the moment.. I will have my response tomorrow with the real cpu ^^ thanks again

I have a 5069-L310ER at my desk right now, it is configured for dual IP mode, I can enable/disable the port I'm not connected to, this does not stop the controller. I'm doing it from the controller properties tab in LogixDesigner.

Even after witnessing it myself, when that "Danger" message pops up, I'd probably still be nervous in your shoes...

Hello thanks for the testing :)

It's a good news for me, i will test it tomorrow with some little sweat ^^. Do you know that'is also possible to do so from the RsLinx ?

Hello thanks for the testing :)

It's a good news for me, i will test it tomorrow with some little sweat ^^. Do you know that'is also possible to do so from the RsLinx ?

Just tried it via RSLinx, seems to work the same. It does not stop the controller. Just make sure you get the correct port :)

Ok , thank you for this additionnal checking, I think I will sweat a little less in front of the machine tomorrow :)

Thanks again, i will give you a little feedback for information

Hello
I give you a little feedback regarding my question, either from RsLinx or from Studio Logix it was possible to activate the port A2 then change the IP address without stopping the CPU. Just a scary message which says that the connexion will be reset. In any case i very thank you for your help :)

The warning is only referring to that connection or the A2 connection. I have done this repeatedly on compacts and not had any adverse effect on the A1 network.

I would think as long as you don't assign the same IP for A1 and A2 then you would be ok.