BRX 1C LED turning on RED

lesmar96

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day,
I am using a BRX Automation Direct PLC for the first time on a project. While working on the project, the led under 1C (output common) started turning red when some of the transistor outputs turn on. And it also seems those outputs do not turn on (though their LED is on) when that 1C LED turns red.

I have been going through the hardware manual, but I haven't found what it is supposed to mean when this LED goes red. It normally hasn't been turning on at all. It doesn't show up as any hardware issues in Do-More.

Can someone direct me? Thanks.

From the manual in a footnoote about the outputs:

2. When the high-speed outputs are in an overcurrent situation, the Common terminal Red LED is on. The output LEDs will remain operational even though the output circuitry is turned off and no power is flowing. This condition is not reported to the CPU.

Try posting at https://forum.hosteng.com/, you should have an answer quickly.

Oh, nice! I didn't know about that forum.

From the manual in a footnoote about the outputs:

2. When the high-speed outputs are in an overcurrent situation, the Common terminal Red LED is on. The output LEDs will remain operational even though the output circuitry is turned off and no power is flowing. This condition is not reported to the CPU.

So I do not have my outputs configured as high-speed, but apparently the red LED probably means the same thing for standard configuration. I have traced it down to a certain output. When that output (Y9), the 1C LED turns red. If I disconnect the wire from that output, it doesn't do it.