web server for compactlogix L16

Jyonny

Hello guys,
I have a compact logix 1769-L16 connected with a Panelview 800.

Everything is working fine, but I would like to add the feature to connect to the plc via other devices (mobile devices).

Panelview 800 has the possibility to communicate via VNC but there is the limit of 1 connection per time.

Do you have any other idea?
I am looking for a web server where I can make xml/html pages and let users in the same network to communicate via browser (with mobile devices).
I have never tried 1768-EWEB module but I think it is not compatible with 1769-L16 processor.

Thank you in advance.
Jyonny

Thank you in advance.

The way that I have done this in the past is to communicate to the PLC and store the information into a database.
This can be done by using AdvancedHMI.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/advancedhmi/

Now turn the windows based computer into a web server (IIS). This is done by adding the windows component.
Turn on ASP (ASP.Net) from the web server.

You can now write your scripts to display the information in the database or write back into the database.

http://accautomation.ca/now-you-can-have-robust-data-logging-for-free-part-1/

All of this can be done without additional expenses.
This is just a general guide.

Regards,

Thank you for this solution,
I didn't know it.

If you have another ideas without installing a computer please let me know.