CP1L- AC input module

kalabdel

Hello,

I have about 12 omron 24VAC 2 wire proximity switches that are currently wired to a Logo and I would like to rewire them to a CP1L unit and was wondering if Omron has an AC expansion input module that would work. I couldn't find anything online but I'm always hopeful :site:

Thanks
Kal

Last edited:
Electromechanical relay would solve the problem between AC sensors and DC inputs of CP1L. BUT IMHO long term reliability is questionable. If I were doing this I would simply replace the AC sensors with DC sensors. Probably less cost and certainly far less rewiring involved.

I would second seeing how much converting the 12 sensors to dc would cost

the only option I see as others have stated are relays which will add a little cost and take up space.

possibly remote I/O but this may cost a bit more as you will need the I/O module power supply and a comms module. if you had a lot of preexisting AC sensors this would make sense but for 12 sensors I don't think the cost would justify it.

Thanks gentlemen, The price of the prox was too reasonable ( about 36 bucks) to bother with anything else but replacing them specially that I will be doing few at a time.

But I did consider SSR and for educational purposes I'm curious if this AC prox from ( I will be replacing both omron and carlo AC prox) Carlo Gavazzi EI1204-TBOSL would work with this Omron SSR relay.

The sensor's off state current is < 2mA and the Omron relay lists Leaked current of 10 μA max. (at 24 VDC). It doesn't look like there would be enough leak current to power up the prox.

Thanks
Kal

It appears you are planning to use a two wire prox and an SSR to connect to a PLC input??? Why would you do that when a 3 (or 4) wire DC prox would solve the whole problem??