proface HMI with built in PLC

bob1371

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,
Just wondering if anyone has any good/bad stories to share about these? Is the ladder software easy to use? How about program fuctions? Im looking at this model
www.xycom.com

Thanks,
Bob

Curious

I do have experience with something similar, made by CTC.

We have a few CTC touchscreens wich we are only using as an HMI, but with the software they are capable of executing code, in ladder and possibly a few other programming types.

Interact is the HMI software, Machine Shop is the controls software for them. You can add I/O, and various comm. cards.

The new generation ones are very sharp, at least on the HMI aspect, InteractX is the newest HMI software for the CTC screens. We had a 1/2 day lesson on them from our local vendor. Programming is very intuitive. They are a full PC, running Win2K. (the CTC's). They are kinda spendy 4-7k

Just my 2 pennies,

Greg

Greg

I don't know how easy it is to program, but i do know they have been pounding the Trade publications with advertisements. Simple orange touchscreens...Sounds really nifty for those small machines. Except for the spelling error...The actually mis-spelled "Fryer Temperature" and put "Flyer Temperature".

Not that I am the worlds greatest speller or anything, but then again, I'm not running full-page ads in every trade publication either.