Micrologix 1400 PLC interface with LED Display for displaying the Loading Details

kali rajan

Hai All,

In my application, the Micrologix 1400 for PLC and FactoryTalk View SE for SCADA Screens are used for Controlling and monitoring the Outward &
Inward loads for a Plant from 4 Conveyors. Also Displaying the Conveyor details of load for the Each loading conveyors. So, I need to interface the Micrologix 1400 with 4 LED Display. Is it Possible?...

The Main function are given below,

I Attached the Photo for this Application Please go through for any clarifications,

1) Sensor will count the Number of bags going through the truck loading conveyor
2) PLC will read the the sensor output and store the value in SCADA
3) SCADA Will generate the report for the individual truck (Truck number to be punched
manually in scada)
4) SCADA Should give the command to the operator through LED board what to load on the truck
loading conveyor
5) SCADA Should generate the report of inward and outward and stored stocks (inward will be
punched manually on shift basis through scada)

But I didn't know about that concept of LED Board for this application, so please suggest some ideas about the LED Boards and also please give any Model for the LED Boards...

Please send some ideas as soon as possible...

Please see the Attached photos for any clarifications in this application...

Thanks,
Kali Rajan M
+91 8015604415
[email protected]

Loading Conveyor.jpg

https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Overview/Catalog/HMI_(Human_Machine_Interface)/ViewMarq_LED_Message_Displays

ViewMarq LED Message Displays above will communicate both serial and Ethernet networks and can be connected to a PLC, PC, or any device capable of serial ASCII, Modbus RTU, or Modbus TCP communication.

Your PLC is capable of both serial ASCII and Modbus RTU communication. Here are some links for both options for the PLC.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=80543
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=73953

Hope this helps you out.
Regards,

Need some Local Indian brand LED Board

Thanks for ur response,

Please Clarify this doubt, How to interface the 4 LED Board in a single Micrologix 1400 PLC... Please suggest some ideas to interface...

I already seen this ViewMarq product but its cost is too high for my clients. So they need any local brand for this LED Board and also available in India...

If anyone of know about the local brand pls inform me...

Thanks,
Kali Rajan.M