Rsview 32 on trial period

Hello everyone ,

i am communicating RSVIEW32 software with micrologix 1400 plc over DH485 protocol in trial period.But unable to get/read values from PLC tag, anyone know how to use RSVIEW32 in trial period???

please do needfull !!!

thanks & regards,
Rutesh Deshmukh

Do you have the rslinx drivers installed?

if memory serves me correctly, you have to have licensed software for everything to work. I can be wrong, please read the manual to see what is allowed in trial mode.

if I am wrong, someone please correct me.
james

if memory serves me correctly, you have to have licensed software for everything to work. I can be wrong, please read the manual to see what is allowed in trial mode.

james

If my memory serves me correctly you get a limited tag count, like 100 or so. And run time limit.

Last edited:
James Mcquade said:

james

Maxkling said:
If my memory serves me correctly you get a limited tag count, like 100 or so. And run time limit.

If my memory serves me correctly...

There is no "Trial Mode" as such for the RSView32 software. There is "Demo Mode", or the "Grace Period".

If the software has been running using a valid Activation, and when opened it cannot find the Activation, it will enter the 7 day Grace Period. During the Grace Period the software will continue to run as normal with no limitations, including the number of device tags allowed. The user will, however, be periodically prompted that the software is currently running under the Grace Period and the remainder of the 7 days will also be displayed.

If the 7 day Grace Period elapses, then the software changes to Demo Mode. In Demo Mode, the application will run for 2 hours before the Server is automatically shutdown. The Server may be restarted and the next 2 hour period is started. During Demo Mode, the tag limit is restricted to 35 device tags.

That is, again, if my memory serves me correctly.

Regards,
George

If my memory serves me correctly...

There is no "Trial Mode" as such for the RSView32 software. There is "Demo Mode", or the "Grace Period".

If the software has been running using a valid Activation, and when opened it cannot find the Activation, it will enter the 7 day Grace Period. During the Grace Period the software will continue to run as normal with no limitations, including the number of device tags allowed. The user will, however, be periodically prompted that the software is currently running under the Grace Period and the remainder of the 7 days will also be displayed.

If the 7 day Grace Period elapses, then the software changes to Demo Mode. In Demo Mode, the application will run for 2 hours before the Server is automatically shutdown. The Server may be restarted and the next 2 hour period is started. During Demo Mode, the tag limit is restricted to 35 device tags.

That is, again, if my memory serves me correctly.

Regards,
George

That sounds more like it, I know there is a tag and run time limit. I also vaughly remember something screwy too when you try to open a large project in “demo” mode, are you trying to do this?