Logic 5573 major fault T01:c60 major fault non recoverable.

Saudi jamal

Hi guys,
I am facing major non recoverable fault in our logic 5573 cpu 1756 L73/A.cpu red LED is blinking.
Kindly guide me.
Kind regards.
Jamal.

Dear Garry,
Thanks for your response.
Now fault is clear. But no project message showing on the CPU display.

Regards,.

Are you sure you are not from Iran? if you are, you need to check with the IDF to see if they embedded something to your processor. Anyway, you need to go online and see where the fault occurs at. it's probably some pointer overflow

Are you sure you are not from Iran? if you are, you need to check with the IDF to see if they embedded something to your processor. Anyway, you need to go online and see where the fault occurs at. it's probably some pointer overflow

Useless reply - disregard....

A MAJOR NON-RECOVERABLE fault will clear the project from controller memory.

It is NOT a user-program fault, such as "some pointer overflow", but a hardware or system failure.

If re-downloading the project to the controller does not clear the fault (and it is unlikely to do so), then the controller needs replacing...

Thank you guys.I have redownload the program and we found it is working normal and don't showing any fault.
Thank you all.
Kind regards.
Jamal.

Is it because of memory pointer overflow error.?

No, that type of fault is a Major Recoverable Fault, usually the result of a sloppy program.

These faults can be cleared with a Fault Routine if you so wish, and the processor will carry on executing at the next instruction. It is highly likely the processor will fault out on each scan unless the fault condition is removed.

It is only Major Non-Recoverable Faults that erase the program.

Hi,

I got the same fault in a safety controller and in a standard controller, the safety controller and its safety partner got fault and also an standard controller, they were all time displaying test and wait. I changed them to other chassis and I was able to clear major faults and re-download the programs, then I set them back in the same chassis and they got fault again. At the end I changed the chassis and they worked properly.

Regards, Javier.