Omron experts

I have been contacted by someone who has a Omron PLC problem.

A machine has been in storage, unpowered for over 10 years.
When they powered it up, the red error led light was lit
(I have to presume the program is lost)

I'm a bit out on a limb here as the person who contacted me is a sort of go between. He had the good sense to take some photographs and send them to me.

As usual, they are desperate to have the machine running again and he tells me they have tried everywhere to find someone to 'fix' it.

I am pondering my options.
I'm no Omron expert (I have CX-ONE) I use it for small alterations and fault finding and rarely at that.

I would not want to re-write the program from scratch, especially as it has an A/D converter for a pressure transducer.

Can anyone tell what HMI this is (I was only sent a front picture)
and can I get the program out of the hmi with CX-ONE?

Can I interface this HMI with another brand of PLC (preferably Mitsubishi)

The red light is solid on the plc - does this mean program lost?

And is the CF10 connected to the left side, a protocol converter for the HMI?

Thanks for any info

cIjFKXU.png

RRwMlgD.png

g7FuAOd.png

Last edited:
It is s NT screen.
The plc not being in run mode will most likely be affecting the comms error you are seeing.
The CIF01 is more of a ‘pin’ converter to best of my knowledge.
First step would be to try connecting to plc to see if program is still there (unlikely after sitting idle for 10 years...)
You should be able to upload from hmi, but that could also have the 10 year issue..

The HMI is an Omron NT20S touch screen.
The CIF01 unit will convert the peripheral port of the PLC to an RS232 connection.
You can use this same unit to program the PLC using a RS232 cable.
CX programmer should be able to program this unit. It is listed as a CPM1/CPM1A type of CPU.
This PLC would use the standard Omron Host Link protocol. Any HMI capable of communicating to Omron will work.
Hope this helps you out.
Regards,

the Omron battery and internal capicators have died.
what you can do is power on the unit for a day or 2 to see if the batteries will recharge.
remove power for 30 seconds and reapply power.
turn the plc from run to program and back to see if that will clear the error.
there is also a keypad sequence to try if that fails.
i'm sorry, I don't have my Omron books in front of me, I packed them up when I moved and haven't had the need to get them.

james

:hmi setup screens

I seem to recall that touching opposite corners of the HMI screen will get you into the HMI Setup. Meaning Top Left Corner and Bottom Right Corner at same time. The setup in the the HMI may have also changed due to battery failure.

Hope that helps.

Thank you

I'm going to the site Monday, I shall report back.

I'm of the mind that the plc will be exchanged to one I'm familiar with.
And the screen re-used if I have the correct software ??

Then a re-write.