OT, plcs.net not remembering password

controlled

Lifetime Supporting Member
This is not a PLC question, but a problem i have been having for a few days on this site.

I log on to this site many times a day from my office pc, and my laptop. I have my user name and password set to "Remember Me".

Over the last few days, when I log on, I have to re-enter my user name and password. This is happening with both computers.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I've noticed this at a number of sites, using Firefox and Internet Explorer. I'm not sure what's going on. I just re-enter them and don't have a problem afterward.

Search for all the plctalk and plcs.net cookies and delete them. It will not do any harm now that your browser is already screwed up.

Ive already cleared all cookies with the issue still happening. I just logged on using my wifes laptop, set it to "Remember Me", logged off, then back on. It still asks me to reenter info.

Hi,

Please try in the following order:

1 log out of forum
2 delete the plctalk.net cookies
3 clear your cache
4 close ie / firefox
5 start ie / firefox back up
6 go to http://www.plctalk.net/qanda
7 log in
8 do some activity like reading a post, etc

close browser again and restart. Visit the forum and should be fine.

PM or email me if still problems.

Enjoy,

It happened to me too actually... but I didn't realize the cause at the time :oops:.

I made a modification to the forum program. Right after that I powered off my computer (confuser??) and added a 23" widescreen monitor so I can work and see email at the same time... (highly recommended if you have an 'extra' +/- $150).

Anyway, I went back to the forum a short while later and had to login. I didn't think anything of it at the time but I guess my 'modification' killed everyone's cookies.

I just had to log back in and it remembered me again (firefox 3.6.2). I expect most people should be ok doing the same but if not please do what I mentioned a few posts ago. That should work for everyone else.

Sorry... :sick:

Enjoy,

I made a modification to the forum program. Right after that I powered off my computer (confuser??) and added a 23" widescreen monitor so I can work and see email at the same time... (highly recommended if you have an 'extra' +/- $150).

Enjoy,

Where did you get a 23" monitor for $150 (USD?) Was it new?

Was it heavy on the plus side of $150?