RSLogix 5000 v16 - RSViewStudio online tags, some missing.

Jimbo72

Hi

I'm trying to browse online tags in my v16 L31 CompactLogix from an RSViewStudio PVP600 project. It seems not all the tags I am creating in the PLC are available (they do not appear in the list). I have done the 'refresh all folders' in the tag browser, some of the tags appeared, some didn't.

I suspect it's something to do with read/write access control which I have used with CLX on v19+, but I may well be wrong. There doesn't appear to be any access control in Logix v16, is this correct?

All the tags I am attempting to access were added on-line, some have the location in the controller, some in the routine. I though perhaps they needed to be in the controller to allow outside access but on creating replacement tags at the controller level, some of them still weren't accessible.

Any help or explanations would be gratefully received.

RSL5K Rev.16 indeed does not play nice with FTVS Rev.5.1 or lower.
Always "SAVE" the Online RSL5K project after the tags addition.
Re-booting the FTVS machine might be a little extreme; if the FTVS RSLinx Enterprise tag browser does not retrieve the newly added tags even upon the "Refresh Folder" command applied to the project's Online bin, re-start the RSLinx Enterprise Services (Win7 - Right-Click My Computer/Manage/Services and Applications/Services).