Electronic Gear

erryxpecto

Hi all expert.

Need help from you all about electronic gear calculation. I've read from manual about it but i need really solid understanding which related between coordinate conversion, pulses, millimeter and gear head ratio. For example, I want to change 1000 pulse equal to 1mm where my gear head ratio is 5:1

Can anybody help with complete calculation? What is the numerator and denominator.. :)

Your missing some info. What is the linear travel per revolution?

In this kind of problem I simply start writing the equation with units in the numerator and denominator, multiply by the conversion factors, and just make sure they cancel out properly to leave the needed units.

Hi all expert.

Need help from you all about electronic gear calculation. I've read from manual about it but i need really solid understanding which related between coordinate conversion, pulses, millimeter and gear head ratio. For example, I want to change 1000 pulse equal to 1mm where my gear head ratio is 5:1

Can anybody help with complete calculation? What is the numerator and denominator.. :)
What is the servodrive brand and model?
What is the motor encoder resolution?

you will need the PPR of the encoder. this you will multiply by 5 and the result is the ppr after the gearhead. you will now need to define the rest of your system. I assume you have some linear travel associated with the motor/gearhead?

JY