Visibility Expressions - FactoryTalk View SE

JJH

I have a button on my HMI that I only want visible under two conditions. One of them is a numerical value and the other is if a bit is on.

English translation

If Variable 1 = 0 OR BooleanBit is TRUE, then show the button

I tried entering the expression in the button's Visibility parameter in Animation as such:

{[Program]Variable} = 0 OR {[Program]}

However, it does not work on both conditions. It will work if I just use one of them but not as shown above, even if the order is reversed.

There must be a trick of how to write an expression that uses multiple values...... any suggestions?

Hi,

Just a little extra info...you don't actually need to compare the boolean tag. If it's =1 then it's TRUE, so you can just declare the tag.

(VariableTag == 0) OR (BooleanTag)

Regards,

Rob

Good point Kidblue! I'm in the habit of putting the == 1 even on BOOL operators simply for legibility and ease of troubleshooting by maintenance. Makes my phone ring less ;)

But yes, you don't necessarily need it, and if I'm just using one BOOL tag for visibility I don't bother either.