How to set up Controlnet address on Rob R-J3i?

wendaiyu

Hi, folks, how’s going?

We want to connect Fanuc Rob R-J3i as a slave to a main PLC (AB Logix5000) via Controlnet.

Could you tell me how to set up Controlnet address on Rob R-J3i?

I compared with another production line which has 3 robs.
Rob1: Controlnet address 44, DI[1-128] Rack 85 Slot 44, MAC ID 44;
Rob2: Controlnet address 45, DI[1-128] Rack 85 Slot 45, MAC ID 45;
Rob1: Controlnet address 46, DI[1-128] Rack 85 Slot 46, MAC ID 46;

We know Rack 85 means Controlnet and it looks like Controlnet address = Slot number = MAC ID.

But we cannot find where we can set up the Controlnet address. I went to “I/O” -> “Controlnet”, then I saw the MAC ID, but I cannot change it.

Thanks a lot.

I don't know this specific piece of equipment, but I do know that you have to get on RSNetWorx for ControlNet and add your device as a free node number. You will then have to update the ControlNet configuration file and reschedule the network. I'm not sure where to find the node number on that robot though, sorry. Hope this helps you get pointed into the right direction.

o.png
interesting thread, I also have the same question