RSView Communicating to S7 400

sparky64

I want to collect some data from an S7 - 400 using RSView32, I'm using KEPware.KEPServerEnterprise.V4, on my office PC, and have set Kepware up, so i can see the information i want when i launch OPC Quick client, because i can see the values i want in Kepware this means that the kepware is communicating with the PLC ok.

I've tried to configure a node in rsview, using the following settings:

DATA SOURCE - OPC SERVER

NAME - SIEMENS

SERVER NAME - KEPware.KEPServerEnterprise.V4

TYPE - LOCAL

ACCESS PATH - ?????????????? I don't know what this should be, i've entered the channel name and device name - Channel1.IgnitorLine

This is all accepted ok, but when i create a tag and monitor the tag, the state is ERROR.

Appologies if i haven't supplied enough info.

Any help appreciated thanks

Sparky

I managed to work out that you do not need to state a path, and then it allows you to use the opc browser to assign addresses.

If anyone wants any help doing this, let me know.

Cheers
Sparky :D