RSview ME - Ran out of macro global connections

westec

Situation: I am upgrading a project in RSview ME. It uses RSview Station on a PC. I need to total values using macro's based on outputs from the PLC. Since RSview ME only allows 5 marco's to be lauched in the global connections, I've run out. I really only need one more.

Question: Is there another way that anyone knows of that will let me lauch a macro from an output in the PLC logic? Or (silly question) add more global connections?

More info: The PLC itself cannot do the totaling as there are far to many memory bits involved (>1500). Thus I am using RSView tags on the PC.

The PLC is a modicon (only have modsoft 2.X on an old win95 machine for progamming) and I am using kepware server software to bridge the communications.

Still looking for an answer. I have a question to Rockwell's engineering team. Hopefully they can help. Anyone else have any trick to run a macro from a output/tag aside from using a global connection?

I have my answer from engineering. 5 Global connections is the max, that's it, for executing Marcos. Everything else needs to be operator initiated.