what are the advantages for three phase power supply than single phase power supply ?

magdyfayad

what are the advantages for three phase power supply than single phase power supply ??

i have a machine contain electronic cards and three phase power supply from SIEMENS SITOP 40 24 VDC , this power supply was deffected

i put a single phase power supply 24 VDC , the machine worked but with some problems

i brought three phase transformer , three phase rectifer , and a capacitor , then the machine worked well

so , what are the advantages for three phase power supply than single phase power supply ??

i know the ripple is less for three phase power supply , are there anything else ?

thanks

magdyfayad said:
what are the advantages for three phase power supply than single phase power supply ??

i have a machine contain electronic cards and three phase power supply from SIEMENS SITOP 40 24 VDC , this power supply was deffected

i put a single phase power supply 24 VDC , the machine worked but with some problems

i brought three phase transformer , three phase rectifer , and a capacitor , then the machine worked well

so , what are the advantages for three phase power supply than single phase power supply ??

i know the ripple is less for three phase power supply , are there anything else ?

thanks
You've already mentioned the advantages:
No transformer, rectifiers and all the other **** is needed with a 3 phase power supply. Plus saves time with wiring and panel space.

magdyfayad said:
You can do away with the single phase or 3-phase transformer. This is a significant saving and also means less heat generated in the panel.

magdyfayad said:
What were the problems ?

magdyfayad said:
i know the ripple is less for three phase power supply
In the old days with a simple rectifier bridge and capacitor banks it was so. Today all PSUs are regulated.

I think single phase rectifer it work without any problem if you check the current required to you power supply card, where not only voltage 24 vdc enugh but the current also .
if you want to desgin power supply circuit most be know the power required and voltage.
Thank you

thanks all

the problem occured with single phase power supply is at an electronic card which its output is reset during work

Yes that I mean, if the power supply (voltage and current) not in the same rate of power card the machine will reset or stop but when you use three phase power supply the current of the circuit become more the the current in singel phase by root squar 3.
meany thanks