You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old May 20th, 2010, 03:49 AM   #1
Iner
France

WinCC Flexible and refreshing the values of variables

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to refresh the variables of only the current screen instead of refreshing all the variables ? The connection I use is a 9600/s and it can't take the more than one thousand variable I have.

I have seen there is a event associed with the buttons allowing to refresh a selected variable. But it would mean I would give a very long time of refresh to all other variables, and I would need to associate the variables of all a screen by one button, the button who will make the screen come. But after it would not refresh.... Is there a way to press a button automatically?

I don't like this solution so if an option allowed just to refresh the current screen, I would like to know it and it would help me a lot. Thanks in advance.
Old May 20th, 2010, 03:52 AM   #2
Jeebs
Belgium

In WinCC Flex > Tags > Select tags in groups of 500 or less > General options > Acquisition Mode > Change to: Cyclic on use.

Now they'll be updating cyclicly only when they are used in the current active picture.
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:16 AM   #3
JesperMP
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Denmark

The normal is that the tags are to update "Cyclic on use", which means they will update only if they are displayed on a screen.
Some tags must be updated "cyclic continously", such as alarm tags.

Which PLC is this ?
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:27 AM   #4
Iner
France

Thanks for the answers.

Apparently yes, it was the option by default of the majority of the tags when made appear the option.

It is a TSX premium 57. I am using the Unitelway connection and I made a cable to connect the MP377 and the PLC.

My problem is that the connection works perfectly when I try to extchanges 15-20 tags.

But when I put all my application, I see in the alarm window that the connection is enabled, then interrupted, then enabled, then interrupted, and a part of the tags on the screen are refreshed, then disappear replaced by somes errors signs, then there are other tags who are refreshed etc... etc... And even on screens where there is nog a lot of tags.
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:39 AM   #5
JesperMP
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Denmark

How about switching to Modbus TCP ? Both the TSX and the MP377 can do that.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum