Siemens Analog Input and PT 100 RTD

Labotomi

Is it possible to use a 3 wire RTD with a Siemens Analog input card without having to linearize the signal prior to the module? The card can be set up for a PT-100 input, but it doesn't say anything about 2 wire or 3 wire.

I can't find any documentation on this or how it should be wired up.

If you are using the regular type s7-300 card I think you are. Set the block on the side of the module to read a RTD (A). Wire the + wire on the RTD to the M0+ of the input (Pin 2 if it's the first input). Wire the - Wire to the M0- of the input & also jumper that to the Ic0- input (Pins 3 & 5). Wire the G from the RTD to the Ic0+ input (Pin 4). I just did this the day before yesterday.

analog wiring.jpg

Similar Topics

I am setting up a new system and have an s7 1214 plc with an sm1231 4x AI (6ES71231-4HD32-0XB0). It is configured for 0-10v and has no faults in...
Replies
Views
Hello Experts, I need your help about this issue of mine about my Siemens Analog Input Card SM331 having SF LED lit. I know this is system fault...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been reading the contents of the forum for a while and finally decided to ask a particular question related to a project I'm currently...
Replies
Views
I am a student. I can program PLC using LAD language using digital IO. But, I want to program using analog IO also. We have analog IO module with...
Replies
Views
Hello I've got a signal from a potmeter ranging from 3v to 8v and a feedback from an actuator ranging from 0 to 10v. Ive tried to set up a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom