Contrologix5000 & Wondwerware 10: Dynamic Alarm Text Strings

Instead of defining static alarm text strings in Wonderware, is it possible to build dynamic strings in the PLC and display those, or is that just not the way it's done with PLCs?

For example, a string that's defined as "Deluge in : X Minutes", with the time inserted dynamically.

Spaderkung:

Thanks for your response. They would be alarms with history.

Would this have to be implemented on the Wonderware side with just an index read from the PLC?

If the WW alarm db stores only tags and dates, then there will be the identical message information in the history. Both the plc and hmi can build dynamic alarm strings though, but I would guess the ALMD plc tag for instance is read full info by the AB hmis only. I have no example how to do this.. but I would focus on ww. For a test alarm tag change the msg and see if the history now shows different msg. Then get the correct msg together with the alarm event.

Last edited: