OMRON DDE to EXCEL

G
DDE to Excel Post #1

I read the DDE to Excel Technical letter posted on this site. When I tried it I was not able to connect the CX server to the PLC(i think thats what the problem is). I downloaded the latest version of the Cx-Server from the Omron site(1.7.2). I opened a Escel sheet. I opened my DDE Manager. I went and added a PLC. But I did not get the Network Label n the left of my screen. It only read Devices and Points. Under the Devices it only read New PLC1(that was what I added in the Add PLC step). I went on and added some points also. Then I did what it said in the technical letter(closed all the screens), I right clicked on the DDE Manager on the taskbar and under Project it still read only New, Open and Edit. there was nothing telling "Copy Points".Also I didn't get the screen for the Points Editor where it said Select All.

Can someone who has used it tell me what the problem is.

Thanks

Project it still read only New, Open and Edit.

Choose Edit.

In the points editor, from the menu bar choose 'Edit' then 'Select All'.

Then from the menu bar choose 'Edit' again then 'DDE Link'. (This option copies the link info.)

In Excel, select a cell or cells and choose 'Paste' from the 'Edit' menu.