How to get scaled 4-20mA temperature sensor signal in PLC

AB2005

Hi;

I have installed a temperature and humidity sensor Autonics THD-R-C which gives 4-20mA signal out. The signal is connected with Fatek PLC’s analog input card. This is first time I am working with 4-20mA analog signal rather 0-10V for which I need some guideline to get the signals scaled.
According to manual of sensor, at -19.9C it gives 4mA and at 60C it gives 20mA. In PLC, the coding format is 14bit (0 – 16380). Now how do I scale the values to get exact temperature data in PLC?

First please tell us what PLC model and analog input model that you use.

Then you should use this function (FUN 32 ADCNV) in this link below to convert 4-20 mA to raw value and need to set Analog Module to Bipolar Mode (-8192 to 8191)

http://www.esea.cz/support/fatek/Supplement_FBs/FUN32-ADCNV.pdf

Then convert into temperature value by this equation

Temperature Input = (Raw Value from FUN 32) * (60+19.9) / 16383