ABB relay data on modbus

obi1987

Hi!

ABB team is giving me data on modbus but whenever value is exceeding than 32000 , value start getting negative.

Well it is because of register issue as the value is coming to one register but value is exceeding to limit.

ABB team cannot change the modbus address limit.Is there any way to use that register to get correct value.I mean that negative value to utilize and make it correct.

What is the data size in the ABB? 16 or 32 bit? Signed or Unsigned? If it is a 16 bit signed value then the range of the data is -32767 to 32767. If the max for the register is 32767 then how can they put more data into that register above 32767? My guess is that it is really a 32 bit value and it is being read as a 16 bit signed register. With modbus you need to bring in your 32 bit data by reading 2 continuous 16 bit registers. So look at your modbus reads and see if you can read the second 16 bit register for that data point. You should be able to get a good value.

Good luck.