Flow sensor programming questions

Hi, I'm obviously pretty new to programing and automation. i was looking to get some helpful hints and maybe some steps in terms I could interpret.

My current set up as followed, I have clean filtered liquid product being deposited into 5 tanks. I had a problem with one of my solenoid valves at tank 3 and didn't realize that tank wasn't feeling up. I don't want to drill into the tanks to put any level instruments in it. I have a paddle flow sensor and wanted to put a tee in the beginning of the process line before it branches out to monitor the flow. I want to be able to have an adjustable low flow alarm set point on the HMI.

I don't need to log any data, I just want a live flow figure as I run every process and have an alarm come on if the flow drops to a certain figure for X amount of seconds... and possibly turn off the process if the alarm is activated. a Tag for the HMI?

Micrologix 1100 Bul. 1763 ser. A

Signet 2536 Rotor-X Flow Sensor (going on a 1/2" PVC pipe, K-Factor = 1027.1) http://www.signetins...df/2536spec.pdf http://www.signetins...pdf/2536eng.pdf

Signet 9900 Transmitter (if i even need it) www.signetinstrumentation.com/pdf/English_Manual.pdf

I'm willing to compensate anyone for some in depth advice if anyone is willing to take the time via email or PM.

Thanks in advance.

You will have to add a 1762-IF4 to ML1100 and "loop wire" the 9900 to one of the inputs on the IF4 or you could just add a relay to the 9900 and wire the relay to a discrete input on the ML100 you would then setup the low flow alarm in the 9900.

You will have to add a 1762-IF4 to ML1100 and "loop wire" the 9900 to one of the inputs on the IF4 or you could just add a relay to the 9900 and wire the relay to a discrete input on the ML100 you would then setup the low flow alarm in the 9900.

Matt, thanks for the response. I understand how to wire it in, and that is the input card I was planning on using. I was just lost with the whole programming itself. I understand I would be using a scaling with parameters instruction but was just kind of lost if that was all I needed and where to implant it in the current program.

Sorry about that, over here we get to the weekend a day ahead of the states, and I went away ;) you have a new PM